Sunday, April 06, 2003

Daddy cut the grass with our new mower, while Millie and i went to the Farmer's Market this morning. We bought a lovely Allium plant for £3.50 - bargain!

I was hoping to get out and do lots in the garden today but it's cold and i'm feeling a bit of a wimp!

I did transplant some of my seedlings though. The courgettes, peas and calabrese were all getting too big for their pots so i've moved them to bigger ones. The calabrese and peas could really have gone into their beds but as they were in trays with less hardy seedlings (in the house) i haven't been able to harden them off yet, so that is my plan for this week.

I still haven't quite decided what to do with my (mistakenly planted!) courgettes yet. I have been thinking that i could get a garden fleece tunnel to protect them until the better weather arrives (although until today it has been glorious). If the worst comes and they do not survive i still have half of the seeds left to plant in May.

The seedlings in the veggie garden are coming on a treat. The radishes, lettuce and rocket have all appeared and it's probably about time i planted a couple more rows of each. There are also little shoots of garlic, onion and shallots but no sign of the spring onions yet.

Oh, and the tadpoles are starting to get legs!

No comments: