Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Courgettes in fridge:6
Courgettes consumed today:0

I saw one of my neighbours before the weekend and gave her 2 carriers full of courgettes and with what's left i plan to make some chutney. Going to the library this afternoon to look for a chutney recipe book as i can't find a suitable one in my cookbook collection. I have a few preserving jars and DP's mum has given me a load of jam jars so hopefully i will have enough. I also have a huge amount of tomatoes which i plan to turn into sauce.

The sweetcorn is looking good i am pleased to say. Only two cobs so far but that is two more than i expected so i am quite pleased. The squash plants are just starting to flower so hopefully they will fruit even though they were planted so late.

When we arrived home after our weekend at Grandma's we were greeted with the sunny face of one of Emily's sunflowers. She was highly delighted as you can imagine. Looks like 2 of the others will be flowering soon too. I will try and take a pic to show you.

No comments: